Packing List for your Safari
General Packing List
- We highly recommend you pack as light as possible. Always remember to leave space for souvenirs and gifts.
- You should ensure that you have all the travel documents including passports, visas, and money in your person.
- A small pouch or a bag that hangs around the neck is recommended.
- Strong and comfortable shoes, preferably waterproof are highly recommended.
- Cotton and breathable socks.
- Sandals or flip-flops
For the domestic flight here is the luggage restriction:
- Fastjet: hold baggage of up to 20kg and Handbag of 6kg per passenger.
- Precision Air, hold baggage of up to 20kg and Handbag of 6kg per passenger.
- Small Chartered and scheduled flights (Aero link, Eagle Air, Regional Air, and Air Kenya), hold baggage of up to 15kg per passenger.
- Waterproof Soft-sided bag of up to 20kg
- Waterproof Backpack or small bag that you can hang around the neck
- Casual and loose-fitting clothing like short/long-sleeved shirts (camouflage clothes are not recommended)
- Lightweight breathable pants
- Long-sleeved fleece or sweater for evenings and/or early mornings.
- Heavy sweaters/pullover, scarf, warm gloves, rain jacket/poncho and windbreaker for the rainy season/cold season.
- Sun hats and scarf for the dust
- When visiting the village women should avoid short pants or sleeveless blouses/shirts or short skirts that do not cover the knees.
- Small towel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap (bar or gel soap), conditioner and shampoo with less fragrance
- Body Lotion
- Facial tissue
- Comb and small mirror
- Toilet Papers
- Ant – bacteria gel, hand- wipes, and Kleenex
First Aid Kit
- Pain killers e.g. aspirin or panadol (prescribed by your physician)
- Insect repellent and misquote repellents.
- Crème for itches and rashes (i.e. Benadryl itch relief stick)
- Cold and allergy medicine
- Bandage, gauze, and tapes
- Malaria pills
- Stomachache medicines
- Diarrhea and medicine
- Prescription antibiotics effective fight against a range of bacteria
- Prescription Medications
- Camera, extra batteries and charger, memory cards, mini-tripod
- Flashlight and headlight
- UK plug adapter and transformer/voltage converter, if applicable
- Personal music device
- Maps, guidebooks
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and lip balm
- Candies and snacks
- Playing cards, games and reading material
- Travel pillow
Notes on Gorilla Tracking
Please note that gorilla tracking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour. The minimum tracking age is 15 years. Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to trek. While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed. Maximum time allowed with the gorillas 1 Hour.
Packing list for Gorilla Trekking & Chimpanzee Tracking
- Rain poncho (lightweight)
- Long-sleeved shirt & pants
- Waterproof trousers
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Leather gardening -type gloves
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Still Cameras and Camcorders