General Packing List
- We highly recommend you to pack as light as possible. Always remember to leave space for souvenirs and gifts.
- You should ensure that you have all the travel documents including passports, visas and money in your person.
- A small pouch or a bag that hangs around the neck is recommended.
- Strong and comfortable shoes, preferably waterproof are highly recommended.
- Cotton and breathable socks.
- Sandals or flip-flops
For the domestic flight here are the luggage restriction:
- Fastjet: hold baggage of up to 20kg and Handbag of 6kg per passenger.
- Precision Air, hold baggage of up to 20kg and Hand bag of 6kg per passenger.
- Small Chartered and scheduled flights (Aero link, Eagle Air, Regional air and Air Kenya), hold baggage of up to 15kg per passenger.
- Waterproof Soft-sided bag of up to 20kg
- Waterproof Backpack or small bag that you can hang around the neck
- Casual and loose fitting clothing like short/long sleeved shirts (camouflage clothes are not recommended)
- Lightweight breathable pants
- Long-sleeved fleece or sweater for evenings and/or early mornings.
- Heavy sweaters/pullover, scarf, warm gloves, rain jacket/poncho and windbreaker for the rainy season/cold season.
- Night dresses/pajamas
- Sun hats and scarf for the dust
- When visit the village women should avoid short pants or sleeveless blouses/shirts or short skirts that do not cover the knees.
- Small towel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap (bar or gel soap), conditioner and shampoo with less fragrance
- Body Lotion
- Facial tissue
- Comb and small mirror
- Toilet Papers
- Ant – bacteria gel, hand- wipes and Kleenex
First Aid Kit
- Pain killers e.g. aspirin or panadol (prescribed by your physician)
- Insect repellent and misquote repellents.
- Crème for itches and rashes (i.e. Benadryl itch relief stick)
- Cold and allergy medicine
- Bandage, gauze and tapes
- Malaria pills
- Stomachache medicines
- Diarrhea and medicine
- Prescription antibiotics effective fight against range of bacteria
- Prescription Medications
- Multi vitamins
- Camera, extra batteries and charger, memory cards, mini-tripod
- Flashlight and headlight
- UK plug adapter and transformer / voltage converter, if applicable
- Personal music device
- Maps, guidebooks
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Candies and snacks
- Playing cards, games and reading material
- Travel pillow
Notes on Gorilla Tracking
Please note that gorilla tracking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour. Minimum tracking age is 15 years. Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to trek. While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed. Maximum time allowed with the gorillas 1 Hour.
Packing list for Gorilla Trekking & Chimpanzee Tracking
- Rain poncho (lightweight)
- Long-sleeved shirt & pants
- Waterproof trousers
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Leather gardening -type gloves
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Still Cameras and Camcorders