This trip safari takes you to Murchison falls, Uganda’s thunder that roars. The action here is, without doubt, the Victoria Nile that plunges 45M over the ruminant valley wall, creating the thundering Murchison falls. It is Uganda’s largest and oldest park hosting 76 species of mammals and over 451 birds. This package rewards the best wildlife safari experience in Uganda.
Day 1: Kampala- Murchison falls (6hrs)
An early morning drive to Murchison Falls with a visit to the Rhino sanctuary (optional for an extra $48 per person). After rhino tracking, have lunch and then proceed to Murchison falls. Drop your luggage at the lodge and enjoy an afternoon/evening game-drive. Return to your accommodation for Dinner and Overnight at Paraa lodge. B.L.D
Day 2: Game and Boat Cruise- Murchison falls
Go for an early morning game drive and here, you may see elephant, Lion, buffalo, giraffe, hartebeests and many more. After lunch, enjoy a boat trip on the placid Victoria Nile, upstream to the base of the Falls. En route you will see hippos, crocodiles, waterbuck and a wide variety of birds like the unusual shoebill stork. The boat stops just tens of meters from the “Devil’s Cauldron”. Take pictures of the photogenic and majestic Murchison Falls. Descend from the boat and hike to the top of Murchison falls. The hike starts right off at baker’s point, where Sir Samuel Baker, a famous explorer of the time, stood. This hike might take between forty-five minutes to one and half hours, depending on how big the group is or how fit everyone is. There is a long stretch of steps that you will keep ascending until you reach the top. Yaaay you made it! Top of the falls. Here you will forget all the pain and toiling through the endless steps celebrating your victory with a glass of chilled wine & snacks served by our guide at the top of the falls. Camera clicks, selfies and then you enjoy a leisurely game-drive back to the lodge. Dinner and Overnight at Paraa lodge. B.L.D
Day 3: Murchison Falls –Kampala (6hrs)
Being the last day of your Uganda tour at the Murchison falls, you can either choose to go for an early morning balloon safari which is usually very outstanding way of seeing the Savannah plains and the wildlife after which you come back down for a beautiful champagne breakfast alternatively you could opt for an early morning chimpanzee tracking at Budongo forest before being transferred to Kampala.
End of Tour!
Price per person from $844 (*Minimum 2 persons)
- Ground Transportation (4WD Vehicle)
- Accommodation as per options in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated on the aforesaid Meal Plans
- Activities as stipulated on the safari program
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- All park fees
- Entry permit/visas for Uganda if required.
- Airfare to and from Uganda and/or domestic airfare
- First and last night’s accommodation in Kampala or Entebbe
- All drinks apart from those served for breakfast
- Beverages, tips, souvenirs & all items of a personal nature
- Any deviation from the suggested program
- Tips and gratuities
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature like telephone calls
- Any activity or accommodation NOT mentioned in the itinerary
- Porters and other luggage services
- Any personal insurance